If someone asked you, “What are some of the benefits of having solar panels on your home?” you could probably think of two or three right away. These would probably include:
- That you are having a positive effect on the environment and are not polluting the earth’s atmosphere with greenhouse gases, thereby improving the quality of the air we breathe.
- That you are saving money by taking advantage of the sun, a free power source. Best of all, it is a source that can never be completely depleted.
- You become far less dependent upon your power company, and no longer at their mercy when the next spike in power bills happens (and trust us, it will happen). Even though new energy reserves are being taken advantage of, the sheer amount of energy consumption by the average American consumer makes continuously rising power bills nearly a certainty.
However, there are plenty of other reasons you might not have considered. For example:
The benefits of solar power are many … and with the financial benefits added into the mix, it is no wonder that so many Americans are opting for “becoming their own electric companies.”
- During a power outage that leaves your neighbors without electricity, your solar panels could supply you with a sufficient amount of power to keep the essential electric appliances working.
- Once the solar panels are installed it takes very little maintenance to keep them going, and they are fairly simple to install if you know what you’re doing. Most solar panels offer a long warranty (around 20 years) – and they generally last longer than their warranty suggests.
- You can be the beneficiary of some fantastic tax breaks and incentives, though these very greatly depending upon where you live.
- By installing solar panels on your residence, it more often than not increases the value of the home.